There are two methods for obtaining an RTSP link to a video stream:
Method 1: Using the manufacturer’s documentation.
The RTSP link format is typically specified in the manufacturer’s documentation or in the camera web interface. If such information is missing or you have failed to locate it, use the second method.
Method 2: Using online services.
For example, http://www.ispyconnect.com:
1. Select the corresponding camera from the list on the website.
2. Fill in the form having specified the external IP address, the network port, login and password for the camera.
! Do not disclose the data for obtaining the RTSP link or the video stream link itself to any third parties.
! It is recommended to specify incorrect data when generating an RTSP link and change them to correct ones after the generation is complete. So, you will secure yourself against stream link interception by third-party services or keyloggers.
3. Click Generate. You will obtain a link to your video stream. If necessary, replace the incorrect data in the link with the correct ones.
4. You can check the functioning of the RTSP link using VLC media player or any player that allows viewing streaming video.
How to view a video from an IP camera using VLC media player
1. Open VLC media player.
2. Click File — Open network.
3. Enter the RTSP link and click Open.
4. If the video is not being transmitted, there is a problem in the settings of the camera or the network equipment. Check all the settings.
5. If the equipment is configured correctly but the stream from the video camera is nevertheless not displayed, contact the service support of the video surveillance system manufacturer.
6. Save the link to the video stream that you have obtained. You will need it to add the IP camera to the ELDES Security App.